During its weekly meeting held in Ramallah today, the Palestinian Cabinet, headed by Prime Minister Dr. Mohammad Shtayyeh,
Praised the final communiqué of the emergency meeting of Arab foreign ministers at the Arab League's headquarters in Cairo held upon the demand and presence of President Abbas, which:
- Affirmed the unified stance of Arab countries in supporting the Palestinian fundamental rights and the solid position of President Mahmoud Abbas speech that highlighted the current dangerous challenges facing the Palestinian issue, and called for a unified Arab position against the so-called 'Deal of the Century,’
- Announced its obligation to take necessary measures that would protect the capital of the State of Palestine, Occupied East Jerusalem, and preserve its Arab identity as well as its legal and historical status.
- Called upon world countries, especially the European Union, to take effective measures towards the recognition of the State of Palestine on the borders of June 4, 1967 to save the two-state solution instead of condemnations and rejection.
- Demanded international and Arab countries to form an International joint network to sponsor the political process confronting the so-called 'Deal of the Century’ and to support the initiative of President Abbas calling for holding an international peace conference.
On his part, Prime Minister Dr. Shtayyeh welcomed the convening of the Palestinian Central Council session in mid-March, and expressed his full commitment to the decisions to be issued during this session. Moreover, PM Dr. Shtayyeh announced his readiness to implement these decisions to preserve the independent national Palestinian decision, calling upon all national factions to stand with the Palestinian leadership at this critical political stage of the Palestinian struggle.
- In a different context, PM Dr. Shtayyeh called upon world countries to withdraw the passports of their citizens residing in illegal colonial settlements and take appropriate legal measures against them, pointing out that their presence is illegal and contrary to international law, human rights, and all international conventions, including the Fourth Geneva Convention.
- In addition, Dr. Shtayyeh commended the public sector employees and the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) for their patience and resilience in front of the Israeli financial deduction of our tax revenues and allocations of the prisoners and martyrs families, calling on the Arab countries to accelerate the implementation of their financial obligations towards our citizens.
- Condemned the terrorist attacks against churches and hotels in Sri Lanka during Easter Holidays, which led to killing and wounding dozens of victims. The Cabinet, moreover, extended its condolences to the families of the victims of such acts of terrorism, which are contrary to religious principles and human and moral values and expressed solidarity with the Sri Lankan leadership, government, and citizens.
- Expressed the strong solidarity of the State of Palestine to the French government and people for the Notre Dame Cathedral fire. Moreover, the cabinet expressed its deep gratitude to the French position, which criticizes Israel's piracy of the Palestinian funds and to the Portuguese Parliament that declared two decisions in favor of the Palestinian prisoners and against the Israeli occupation aggression on the Palestinian people.
- Congratulated the Palestinian citizens on the Holidays of Easter and announced Sunday, 28 April 2019, a national holiday on this occasion.