- Yesterday, friendly nations, parties, and popular bodies in various countries marked the International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People at a time when our people are in urgent need of more support. The current intensified political pressures and the increase in Israel's colonial settlement attack aim to undermine our legitimate rights to freedom, an independent state within the 4 June 1967 borders with Jerusalem as its capital, and the right of return to Palestine refugees.
- On the International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People, I call upon Mr. António Guterres, the Secretary-General of the United Nations, and Mr. Cheikh Niang, the Chair of the Committee on the Exercise of the Inalienable Rights of the Palestinian People, to appeal to the international community to: (1) recognize the State of Palestine on the borders of 4 June 1967, with Jerusalem as its capital; (2) to reach a comprehensive solution through the implementation of all UNSC and UNGA resolutions and the Arab Peace Initiative, including the right of return and compensation to Palestinian Refugees per Resolution No. 194; (3) provide support to the UNRWA during the upcoming AHLC conference, scheduled to be held early in 2021; (4) ensure that the Palestinian cause would remain a significant issue on the international agenda towards the achievement of peace by granting the rights of the Palestinian people to freedom and independence, within the framework of the two-state solution; (5) exert every effort to stop land confiscation, trees uprooting, home demolition, settlement expansion, the deportation of the indigenous land owners after demolishing their homes and schools.
- Coronavirus cases are accelerating across the country, which has prompted us to implement necessary measures for our society's safety. According to the previously announced program, we will continue implementing these measures by imposing a full closure from 7:00 pm until 6:00 am during the week, followed by a total lockdown over the next weekend (Friday and Saturday).
Today, the city of Nablus has recorded the highest number of cases. I hope everyone would commit to the precautionary measures.
- We extend our best wishes to our people from the Christian faith on the occasion of the beginning of the Christmas celebrations, which started yesterday in Bethlehem following a health protocol that considers a set of measures and procedures to reduce the spread of the virus. More preventive measures will be announced during Christmas celebrations with strict preventive measures to preserve the celebrants' safety.
- We are following up with vaccine manufacturers and the World Health Organisation to obtain around 2 million doses of COVID-19 vaccination in the first phase, hoping that the world will overcome this virus to save humanity from this pandemic and enable the global economy to recovery over the next year.
- We hope that Hamas will confirm its denial of a document published in the media around prohibiting entry of national dairy products, from the northern governorates to the southern governorates, under the pretext of protecting the national product. We hope that Hamas will expedite the handling of this matter, which strikes our homeland's unity that the occupation seeks to divide.
- A technical team from the Ministry of Finance is following up on our dues with the Israeli side. In a previous context, we have informed you that we will pay whatever amount of money we receive to the employees, the poor, the private sector, and the banks. We do not want to talk about things before they happen, but I assure you that our money is our right, your money is your right, and you'll get all that is yours.