(Weekly Cabinet Meeting (61
Highlights - Remarks by Prime Minister Dr. Mohammad Shtayyeh during his opening statement at the weekly Cabinet meeting.
- Israel continues to announce plans to annex and impose sovereignty over its illegal settlements. We categorically reject this. The land of the State of Palestine is within the 1967 borders with its capital Jerusalem.
- Any solution, agreement, or political plan must guarantee a just solution to the issue of Palestine refugees.
- The international community stands united in its rejection of Israel's expansionist and annexationist plans.
- We call on the Arab, African, European, Latin American, and Asian countries, as well as the rest of the world, to translate their position into action in the face of Israel's annexation threats by imposing sanctions on Israel and recognizing the State of Palestine. From our side, we have suspended all relations with the occupying power.
- The issue of annexation is an existential threat to the Palestinian national project. Together, we must confront it.
- We thank Jordan, Egypt, and Turkey for facilitating the return of our stranded students through their airports and lands. The first flight is scheduled for 21 June from Egypt to Jordan and then to the bridges.
- We stand in solidarity with those subject to discrimination and racial discrimination in all its forms, based on color, religion, or nationality. We stand against injustice and support freedom, equality, and justice for our people and other people around the world.